i love colours but hate pink

Thursday, June 12, 2008

Vienna Part 1 (28th to 30th May)

Hello and Welcome to Vienna!! It was just 3 hours train ride away from Prague. Kokie and I got to watch Transformers on his brand new PSP. PSP rocks! As long as I don't pay for it! Better for friends to have but not yourself! =)

Arrival at Vienna! I was excited!


By the time we reached Vienna, it was already night time. So all we did was check-in to our 3star Hotel Gebkergasse! It was really the cleanest and the most comfortable accomodation for the trip! The nice bed sheets, very very neat and clean room. We were all very delighted!

The next morning was supermarketing. Things were cheaper compared to Prague. Prague was a little too touristy. Anyway, we bought things that filled the whole big trolley. All so for our little game at night called the King's Cup. More on it later.

Fooling around in the supermart. Us in the EuroCup funny hats.


We chanced upon this chocolate shop that sold all kinds of chocolates and sweets. The old lady in the shop was really very kind. She made the effort explaining to Jie Jiun what type of chocolates there were and was really patient when he couldn't decide which to get. She even gave us quite a bit of samples. I think those that Jie Jiun bought lasted us till Budapest. They were really yummy!

That's all the typical treats.


Jie Jiun enjoying his nice chocolates.


Shuyu and Angel at the Rathaus.


Jie Jiun and I jumping along the corridor of the Rathaus. We were quite a nuisance.


Sachertorte, a dry chocolate cake with apricot jam from the Sacher Hotel, is world famous. Quote Wikipedia.

But we were disappointed. Turns out that the whipped cream tasted much better. This was one of the few times lonely planet failed us.

Anyway, one word of caution. If you're ever going to visit Vienna, please be smarter than us by not wearing shorts out. No, not because the locals hate it. But because you may end up catching a last minute concert. So what happened to us was that we made a last minute decision of watching the Vienna Philharmonic Orchestra in the Musikverein Golden Hall. But we were all very casually dressed! Damn paiseh. Even though we got the standing tickets.


The Musikverein.



The following day's cheap but good lunch. This is the appetizer.

OH! I remember that we were all very happy that day, because we checked our results and all of us did well! So we had beer for celebrations!


I can't remember when we took this. But we were better dressed that day for Vienna Boys' Choir.


The Vienna Boys' Choir, which cost us 48Euros, but really worth it!






On our way back, the night sky was beautiful. I have many many more pictures, but it's really quite a hassle to post them. Maybe I'll refine the blog posts later on when I gather all photos from my dear friends!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home