i love colours but hate pink

Thursday, June 12, 2008

My 23rd Birthday in Eindhoven

It's raining cats and dogs now. Josh wanted to bring me to see windmills. But too bad. It's ok! At least I have some time to slack and reflect a little on my birthday!

It has been a blessed year. I really enjoyed myself over the past year. There were painful times of course. The main thing was that Josh was away half the time. It wasn't easy for the both of us. But more difficult for him for sure. At least I have the comfort of my own home and lovely family.

Over the past year, I've learnt to enjoy being at home and with my family even more. We were all looking forward to the arrival of our little Christabelle. So much excitement and anxiety. It was also stressful. But it was so nice because all of us were experiencing something common together.

I learn to enjoy the company of my dad, and to try to see things from his point of view, even though it's really still very tough. But I really still think he's a very good father even though he's got weird ideals. Hahaaa..

I enjoy seeing my mum fuss around the house and fuss around us. It got irrtating sometimes. But at least there's erjie to experience the nagging with me. So again, the anxious nagging by my mum was something quite fun to have. And my mum really has so much love for our family, for the whole extended family. It's amazing.

The last year of school for me was of new experiences. Industrial attachment for 6 months made me realise a lot about myself. My weaknesses and strengths. My insecurities and potentials. I really thank God for that.

And then, the last semester was even more emotional. There were only 3 modules to deal with, but so much uncertainties of the future. Job search, tedious design project, dealing with long distance relationship. So busy! But thankfully, God really gave me to extra strength to keep going for cell group. My lovely cell group really helped me a lot. I really enjoy Fridays.

Also got to know a few more friends in my course. I even manage to have a group of friends to study with during the exam period! That was quite amazing because for my 4 years in NUS, I think it never happened. And I was in school, that computer lab everyday for my project. It was so scary. Most of the time not knowing what to do. And again, God provided help, with friends around for the furnace design. Especially Matthew! Thanks Matthew! I really owe you a treat!

Anyway, in the end, I did the best for my last semester. 3 modules, plus my research project grade. I really thank God! How in the world did I manage to do that poster design? And how did I even manage to complete that unit report and P&ID? I don't know how I managed to, I think it really wasn't me at all. It's crazy! Thank God, thank God!

Then coming to this grad trip. It's another crazy thing. I remember getting onto the plane at the airport. I felt like I was dreaming.

God! You mean I'm now flying all the way to Paris for transit? Paris? No kidding!!

Ever so often on this trip, I still keep feeling bizarre that I'm in some foreign place, so far away from home.

Thank you God for creating me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home