i love colours but hate pink

Sunday, March 09, 2008

The Fiery Furnace

I've been missing in action over here in this blog, but I'm definitely not missing in action from the world ok! There are many things going on in my life right now and I can't talk about every single one of them.

To sum it up, there has been this nagging thing that I'm caught up with. That's my design project. I'm supposed to design a furnace to provide heat to a reactor. Simple enough to understand right?



But not simple at all to design. And as usual, I love talking to God and this topic has been brought up rather often to Him. About my limited understanding of heat transfer, of many confusion over the notations.. blah blah etc etc.

"God! Help me! I really don't know how or where to start! How.. I'm really very scared.. I don't want to pull down the group's grade.. I don't want to end up not graduating too.."

Then, as usual, I like to read the bible. The Living Word of God.

Don't play play. This is what I've come to realise over the few years of my relationship with God: You read His word expecting Him to speak to you, He will really speak to you.

And so that very day, God brought my attention to book of Daniel, chapter 3.

"Nebuchadnezzar’s Golden Image"

Orh! I know lah! That story! So I read on...

It's about how this King Nebuchadnezzar who set up the golden image and forced every one in his nation to worship this image. If the fella don't worship, the fella will kenna cast into the fiery furnace.

"...fiery furnace..."

Furnace

Wah.. My heart skipped one tiny beat I think.

"God, I think you really have a very good sense of humor leh.."

So as the story goes. There were 3 men who didn't bow down and worship the golden image. And of course, somebody bao toh them. And King N. really buay song, went to sound these 3 guys out and threatened to throw them into the fiery furnace. But they replied,

"If this be so, our God whom we serve is able to deliver us from the burning fiery furnace, and he will deliver us out of your hand, O king. But if not, be it known to you, O king, that we will not serve your gods or worship the golden image that you have set up."

Wah. Daring sia. Faith in God many.

So, like any powerful king, King N. cannot all talk and no action, so he ordered to throw these 3 fella into the furnace, and intentionally got his kar kias to make it 7 times hotter.

(This, in chemical engineering terms, will require 7 times the amount of fuel. But then again, a lot of things like heat transfer via radiation, convection calculations will be needed.. so may need more fuel actually... hard to say.. tsk..)

The 3 fellas went in, but they were not burnt at all, protected by God. In the end, these 3 fella came out and got a promotion from King N.



Wow.

After reading this, my mind was about to blow. One thing for sure, is that I will not kenna burn by the furnace that I'm working on, because, it's just a design wad!! HAHAHA!!

Of course not just that. God was assuring me through His word, that as I continue to trust in Him, He will deliver me from any harm. He will be there to protect me. He will tell me what to do too.

Actually there's a lot more, just too personal to share here. Anyway, it's just really amazing how God can speak to us in so many ways, and many times, in humorous ways to me.

Time to sleep and have sweet fiery dreams of my furnace!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home