i love colours but hate pink

Friday, December 15, 2006

Yes! I was saying, Youth Camp was super cool man!

I really had many doubts about going at first. I thought I'll have problems clicking with the youths and I just felt lazy to go anywhere. But I'm really glad I decided to just go ahead with it.

As expected, the accomodation was bad. The tap water was yellow. The mozzies were like commandos. The walls had holes in them. The toilets stink. The air con worked as loud as bulldozers. I can list more, but that's besides the point man. (No photos, coz it's really a bit gross to see the state of my room.) Anyway, the food was normal, but the burger and teh tarik rocks. I thank God for yummy beef burger special! It tasted thousand and one times better than lousy pasar malam ramly burger! It's a pity I didn't take a picture of it, coz whenever I realised that I should, I already finished the burger. HUr.


Oh, by the way, I went to Desaru. Haha.

And the morning skies. Woah. It just reminds me what a creative painter God is. Just look.



I know there are nicer skies out there, but hey! It's pretty enough for me! I'm a very sky kind of person. Anything works fine.

The night skies are even more miraculous. Coz it's pretty dark there, and the stars, you don't even need to squint your eyes and try to find them. They're just screaming out for you to lift your heads up and admire the pretty sight. I see until I really want to cry. Stars really many many!

Well, it was great to have my life back on track with God few months back. I know that I can put all my trust in Him and I know that He's the only one who can love unconditionally. Life has been good since then, with many little blessings and new found friendships along the way. But many times, I just let the past haunt me, again and again, so much that I really fear the future sometimes. What will happen to me, will history repeat itself, insecurity, etc.

But God really touched my heart during this camp, to really surrender everything to Him. Knowing is one thing, but living by faith is another. He is a healer and I'm just very glad that He's taken away all those little pricks and thorns in my heart. The assurance of His love is really sealed in my heart. And there's really a purpose for my existence here, and to live a life worthy in His sight.

So, back to photos.

On our way there, bus buddy Pamela!


Esther looking nerdy!


That's the beach!


While playing taboo. James obviously very tickled by Gabriel who's trying to be funny.


David with enlarge nostrils playing guitar!


Huiming smiling happily!


Don't know what we were doing man.


Paul, Gabriel and Evie, super act cool!


I think Jordan was quite traumatised la..


Matthew as usual, thinking he's some award winning taiwanese pop idol!


Andes and me under the coconut tree!


We is a happy region!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home